Thursday, November 3, 2011

School Boy Rad



Rad is really enjoying Kindergarten now. I love helping out in his class. In fact, I love it so much that as of November 8th I will be a substitute teacher for his school district. It's a fun change from banking for sure.
He went on his very first feild trip to the local fire station. Cade and I tagged along. The kids were able to hold the fire hose and spray a cone. They thought they were the coolest.


He has started his speech therapy. In his testing, he tested in the second percentile in comparison to his peers. He had a 42% accuracy on the words he was asked to say. The scored his with a severe speech problem and jumped right on it. He is working hard and doing great.
He is getting straight O's everyweek. That is the equivelent to straight A's and I am so proud of him.
He is standing out as a leader in his class and is not afraid to stand up for what is right. He came home the other day and told me that one of his "best friends ever" said a bad word. "He said Damnit mom. He says it all the time when he doesn't catch the ball." I let the word slide and asked him what he says when the friend says that word. "I tell him that it is a bad word and that he should not say it." Good for you Rad! What does this friend do then? "He says that it's not bad because he says it all the time, but I know the Troof!" What a good boy.
He loves to color and every night before bed he makes sure that we read the scriptures. He is really into the story of Nephi.

No comments: